Connect with like-minded spiritual singles with SilverSingles. Join a community of single 50+ men and women creating and discovering new experiences online.
San Francisco is one of the world’s most iconic, fun-loving and diverse cities. Enjoying it with a special someone is a great way to make the most of life here, and at SilverSingles, we connect likeminded 50+ singles looking to make new relationships.
Dating when you’re 50+ can be harder, yet more rewarding than at any other time of your life. On the one hand, it can become more difficult to meet San Francisco singles who are 50+, as many have settled into social circles and don’t meet new people as often. However, dating in San Francisco when you’re a bit older can also be incredibly fruitful. Usually, you will be more confident and may not be looking to start a family. Rather, having fun and making special new memories is the name of the game when dating in your 50s, 60, 70s, and beyond!
The Dating Service San Francisco Needs
Dating services are not hard to come by in San Francisco. You might not have noticed, but San Francisco actually has a fair share of apps! Picking the right one to make connections can be overwhelming. At SiverSingles, however, we do our research. We know just what it takes to match eligible men and women over 50, who are looking to meet likeminded singles in their area.
Using the information you give us, we know how to make 50+ dating in San Francisco a little bit easier. After taking our personality test, we will build a page of results just for you, filled with real matches that are 50 or older in and around San Francisco. Then, all that’s left is for you to get chatting!
Is Online Dating Safe?
We know what you’re thinking. How safe is it to meet a relative stranger in real life? Well, times have changed, and whereas once dating, particularly online, carried an element of risk, today, the industry has boomed and the risks are minimal. At SilverSingles, we make 100% sure that all of our members are real people. The profiles on SilverSingles go through daily profile checks and customer support is only a click away, should you have your suspicions.
At SilverSingles, we make sure that we do everything in our power to ensure our members have a safe, fun time dating on our platform! There are a few things, however, that are out of our control. Here are our recommendations for actions to take when you’re dating:
- Always be sure someone knows where you are when you’re heading out on a date
- Have a charged mobile phone with you on new dates
- How are you getting home? Make sure you have a ride home before the date
- Trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, you can leave
- Is their profile picture and information matching up?
Gay Dating in San Francisco
San Francisco is one of the greatest cities in the world for same-sex dating. This is the city of Castro, Milk, Bentley, and many more gay icons who together have created one of the planet’s most LGBT-friendly cities. Gay dating San Francisco is great fun, at any age, and LGBT singles of 50+ have plenties of choices with SilverSingles! Simply tell us a little bit about you and the person you’re looking to meet; we’ll do the rest.
San Francisco Date Ideas
Like any San Francisco dating site, we’d be nothing if we didn’t give our users some great dating ideas! Here are some top ideas for where to head when you’re dating in San Francisco.
Spring Date Ideas
- San Francisco singles should definitely take advantage of spring.
- Head to Monroe on Wednesday evenings for classical music! Drinks are cheap, the crowd is cool and sophisticated, and the music is beautiful. Once a month, there’s even a live band!
- Explore the 34-mile botanical gardens. 8,500 different kinds of flora burst into bloom each spring. What could be more romantic than flowers?
Summer Date Ideas
- San Francisco comes alive in summer. A city located by the water, summer sees hot temperatures with manageable breezes along the infamous Bay.
- Head to an outdoor movie in one of the many summer outdoor cinemas Bring a blanket, some snacks, and get to know each other under the stars
- Go for a walk! San Francisco is absolutely gorgeous during summer and there are so many amazing parks with walking paths
- Head to Sausalito and enjoy a spectacular view of the Golden Gate Bridge. It’s a great way to enjoy nature and get to know each other better
Fall Date Ideas
- There’s hardly a more romantic season than fall. The cooler weather is perfect for cuddling up, and the area is technicolored with golden leaves and pink skies.
- Pack a picnic and go out to Billy Goat Hill where you and your date will be able to enjoy panoramic views of the city. Heading there in fall means that the weather won’t be too hot to climb and there will (hopefully) be less fog
- For foodies, head to the Ferry Building! Go down during the day and shop at the farmers market (Tues and Thurs from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.), for share plates of grilled cheese, oysters, or other favorites, all with a spectacular autumnal view of the Bay.
Winter Date Ideas
- Winter is a great time to be looking for romance and dating in San Francisco. The crisper weather makes it extra special to have someone to hold and the city is especially romantic.
- Check out the peak point of southern migration of the mighty California Gray whale at Point Reyes. This occurs during mid-January and is a spectacularly fun and romantic date idea. If you have them, take binoculars
- Go for an Irish coffee in a cute bar. It’ll warm you up, and give you the chance to get to know each other in an intimate setting, a nice drink in hand!
So, what are you waiting for? Sign up free to SilverSingles today.